We’ve all had those mornings. A loose lid causes coffee spillage, tights get snagged on car keys or a heel gets caught in a sidewalk grate.
Luckily, we’ve got some handy solutions to tackle office fashion emergencies and help you keep it together at work. Need to repair a piece on clothing on-site without an emergency sewing kit?
1. Grab a stapler to fix broken zippers or loose sleeves – just staple from the inside out.
2. If a zipper is stuck, rub the tip of a graphite pencil over the area to loosen it up.
3. Need to erase a stain before a big meeting? Ask around for a coworker with stain-removing pen. Alternatively, dry-erase board cleaner works just as well – but test a small area first if your clothing is isn’t white.
4. If a button-down shirt or wrap dress is gaping more than anticipated, a loop of strong packing tape to hold the fabric together should do the trick.
5. For scuffed shoes or holes in a pair of tights, a dark marker will provide a temporary fix.
6. Lint can quickly be removed from an outfit with a packing pouch – just take off the adhesive backing and slip the envelope on like a glove.
7. Trickier problems, like a broken heel, may require more creativity, but you’re not out of options. Duct tape works wonders for holding a shoe together, and a marker can help blend it in.
Thanks to Little PINK Book (http://www.littlepinkbook.com), the online resource for every professional woman, for sharing these handy solutions!
To receive a free copy of our ebook, 70 Secrets to Safe Travel — Because Your Life Can Change in a Heartbeat, and for more travel savvy info to help you travel smarter, safer and with more enjoyment, visit SmartWomenTravelers.com and PearlsofTravelWisdom.com.