Last year, we brought you a rundown of the Global Business Travel Associations‘ Business Travel Innovation Award nominees, including the overall winner Hipmunk. It’s that time of year again, and Smart Women Travelers is in Boston bringing you all of the information of this year’s Business Travel Innovators.
This years nominees include:
- BTSocial – This site has updated their features to help you save time and meet new faces on your business trip, allowing you to check-in early, log your trips, and even see who is staying in your hotel in case you’d like to meet for a drink.
- CWT To Go – A travel app offered to clients of Carlson Wagonlit Travel, CWT To Go offers mobile flight alerts, gate information, the ability to check-in to your flight, local maps, dining searching and booking, weather, and the ability to call a travel counselor. The app will also inform travelers of any flight delays or cancellations.
- Gogo Inflight Internet – With over 5,300 flights daily, Gogo offers Internet connectivity at 30,000 feet. Current technology has kept their in-flight wi-fi limited to domestic flights, but they’ll soon be partnering with Delta to offer their service on international flights.
- Hertz Carfirmation – Carfirmation gives you mobile notifications of your car type, color and location number. It’s currently available to their 2+ million Hertz Gold members, and you will soon be able to select and confirm an available upgrade via the mobile notification. I can vouch for loving Hertz’s Carfirmation. An email is in my box the minute my flight lands and I know what car I’m getting and where it’s located.
- Hertz Green Traveler Collection – Hertz is offering electric, clean diesel and hybrid cars to rent. “Green” cars offered include the Nissan Leaf fully electric car, the Volkswagen Jetta TDI turbo diesel, and the Toyota Prius hybrid.
- Hertz NeverLost Custom Trip Planning – Hertz’s in-vehicle GPS navigation system offers more than just maps. You also get weather updates, flight and gate information, local attraction info, and free concierge assistance. You can also plan out a trip online and download it to the NeverLost.
- ProcureApp – For companies looking for more compliance from their travelers, ProcureApp offers a way to help travel providers give a timely and brief policy message to everyone out in the field.
- Short’s Travel BookIt – 64% of travelers search flights outside corporate booking tools before booking with their travel management company. Bookit by Short’s Travel empowers travelers and makes it easy to search on consumer websites, then email flights to us to check policy, apply corporate discounts, and book directly with the TMC right from their email.
- TripLingo – Mobile service that helps overcome the language barrier when travelling abroad. Learn essential phrases including phonetic spellings and different formalities. They offer voice to voice translation, as well as the ability to call and talk to a live translator.
- FareIQ – Offering intelligent price tracking, FareIQ keeps track of your itineraries and alerts you if the fare decreases for possible rebooking.
- Sabre Virtual Meetings – A global reservation system for booking and scheduling public and corporate-owned high-definition video conferencing rooms. The system allows users to view conference room availability in real-time, review rates and features, and book meetings across geographic regions.
The full list of nominees can be found on GBTA’s site.
My new book, itself a nominee for the GBTA Travel Innovation of the Year Award, is on Amazon! Business Travel Success: How to Reduce Stress, Be More Productive and Travel with Confidence!