I’ve loved the saying of “Success Leaves Clues” for a long time. Here’s a new saying along that same line: “Luggage Leaves Clues.” What exactly am I talking about?
As I’m settling down to write this, I’ve just gotten into my comfy clothes…sweatpants and a t-shirt. Not just any old t-shirt, but a genuine SkyTeam t-shirt. I donned my slippers with the fancy ‘F’ on them – my comfy Fairmont slippers. I put my book to the side, marking my page with my old boarding pass.
This got me thinking about all of the travel-related items that I carry. Someone who went wandering through my bags could tell a lot about me just by these items.
In this week’s bag I have:
- Delta SkyTeam t-shirt that I received when my red-eye flight cancelled and I was sent to a hotel.
- Fairmont slippers from the Fairmont Newport Beach (hint to Fairmont: I could use a new pair!)
- Loews Conditioner bottle. The conditioner is long gone, but the bottle is perfect for refilling, totally leak-proof and great for a weeklong trip.
- Embassy Suites rosemary-infused hand cream. Love the scent!
- Hilton shower cap. Great for wrapping up shoes or covering my hair when I give myself a facial.
- Marriott sewing kit. I’ve needed this a few times for hem and button repairs.
- An old boarding pass. Open any book I’m reading and you’ll find a boarding pass or two.
These are just the items in this week’s 4-day travel bag. I can’t begin to tell you what I have at home!
So what do these clues tell you about me?
- I stay in nice hotels and sit in first class … all signs that I like the finer things in life (all very true, but they do not occur as often as I’d like).
- I am feminine. I love the fresh scents of high-quality hand cream, shampoo and conditioner.
- I’m practical. I heed my mother’s advice and I’m prepared. Sewing kits and shower caps are multi-purpose and are right up there with always having clean underwear.
- I’m frugal. Why spend the money on a beautiful laminated bookmark when I can use a boarding pass for free?
It makes sense that we pick up items along the way that fit our lifestyles and personalities. Share with us what clues your luggage is saying!
To receive a free copy of our ebook, 70 Secrets to Safe Travel — Because Your Life Can Change in a Heartbeat, and for more travel savvy info to help you travel smarter, safer and with more enjoyment, visit SmartWomenTravelers.com and PearlsofTravelWisdom.com.
This post was uploaded to Smart Women Travelers with the use of the NetZero 4G Mobile hotspot.